“collection” means the act of gathering, acquiring, recording, or obtaining personal information from any source, including third parties, by any means.
“consent” means voluntary agreement with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information for defined purposes. Consent can be either express or implied and can be provided directly by the user or by an authorized representative. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from a user’s action or inaction.
“disclosure” means making personal information available to a third party.
“electronic communications” means the electronic publications, newsletter, blog, and announcements provided by Toba Centre for Children & Youth to users.
“personal information” means information about an identifiable individual but not aggregated information that cannot be associated with a specific individual, including donation information, account information, billing information, and any recorded complaints.
“third party” means an individual other than the user, or the user’s agent, or an organization outside Toba Centre for Children & Youth.
“use” means the treatment, handling, and management of personal information by and within Toba Centre for Children & Youth.
“user” means an individual who uses the Website or Websites, including anyone who accesses or visits the Website or Websites.
During your use of the Websites, you may be asked to voluntarily provide the following personal information if the personal information is reasonably required to provide the services accessed, used or requested by you:
- information that you provide when you create an account on the Website, complete forms on the Websites, such as your name, email and postal address, and telephone number;
- details of any log in or password information in connection with any account set up on the Website;
- information that you provide to Toba Centre for Children & Youth in order to give donations, including credit card information;
- your correspondence with Toba Centre for Children & Youth employees, including any questions, concerns or comments you may have about the Websites or problems that you report;
- comments that you may post to the Websites; and
- details of your transactions and requests made through the Websites.
3. Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information
Toba Centre for Children & Youth collects your personal information and will use your personal information as is reasonably required for the following purposes:
- to respond to questions, comments, requests or complaints that you submit to Toba Centre for Children & Youth;
- to process your donations;
- to provide income tax receipts, where applicable;
- to invest and administer donated funds;
- to process your registration for certain events;
- to provide you with the electronic communications you request;
- to track communications with you;
- to improve your experience of the Websites, including to customize website settings;
- to analyze use of the Websites and to improve the Websites;
- to verify the identities and account information of users who are giving monies through Toba Centre for Children & Youth;
- where donors have not requested anonymity, to report to the public the names of donors;
- if you register an account on the Website, to establish and maintain your account and to provide the ongoing services you request;
- to fulfill a purpose disclosed to you when your personal information is requested; and
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Toba Centre for Children & Youth may disclose your personal information to:
- its employees, agents and service providers for the purpose of enabling these parties to perform a business, professional, charitable or technical support function for Toba Centre for Children & Youth;
- a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Toba Centre for Children & Youth, is seeking the information as your agent;
- the public, where the personal information is about a donor who has not requested anonymity and the personal information is being disclosed to report the names of all Toba Centre for Children & Youth’s donors; and
If you voluntarily submit, transmit, upload, provide, post or otherwise make available any information, photographs or other content (the “User Content”) to the Websites, certain of your personal information may be automatically included in the posting, transmission, upload or submission, including without limitation, your user name and email address, and this User Content may be collected and used by others. Toba Centre for Children & Youth Toba Centre for Children & Youth has no control over and is not liable for the collection, use or disclosure of any posted, submitted, transmitted, uploaded, provided or otherwise make available User Content or your included personal information by users of the Websites. You are responsible for ensuring the protection of any of your personal information that you submit, post, transmit, upload, provide or otherwise make available on any of the Websites. Toba Centre for Children & Youth recommends that you do not include your home address, job title, telephone number or other more sensitive personal information in any User Content, unless you are entirely satisfied that such information should be made public.
5. Safeguarding Your Personal Information
Toba Centre for Children & Youth is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Toba Centre for Children & Youth uses appropriate security measures to protect personal information against risks such as loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, modification or destruction regardless of the format in which it is held. The methods of protection and safeguards used by Toba Centre for Children & Youth may include, but are not limited to, need-to-know access and technological measures, including the use of passwords, encryption and firewalls.
Toba Centre for Children & Youth is committed to keeping your personal information as complete, up-to-date, and accurate as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. Toba Centre for Children & Youth will promptly correct or complete any personal information found to be inaccurate or incomplete and may request further information from you. Toba Centre for Children & Youth relies on individuals to notify Toba Centre for Children & Youth if there is a change in their personal information that may affect their relationship with Toba Centre for Children & Youth.
Where appropriate, Toba Centre for Children & Youth will transmit amended information to third parties having access to the personal information in question. Upon request, Toba Centre for Children & Youth will provide you with a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file to review its accuracy. Such personal information will be provided within a reasonable time of the request and at a minimal or no cost to you.
Also, upon request, Toba Centre for Children & Youth will provide an account of the use and disclosure of your personal information and, where reasonably possible, will state the source of the information. In providing an account of disclosure, Toba Centre for Children & Youth will provide a list of organizations to which it may have disclosed personal information about you when it is not possible to provide an actual list.
8. Withdrawing Consent
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by Toba Centre for Children & Youth at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice.
In certain circumstances, your withdrawal of consent will result in the inability of Toba Centre for Children & Youth to continue providing features of the Websites to you. Please contact Toba Centre for Children & Youth for more information regarding the implications of withdrawing consent.
9. Non-Identifying Information
The Websites may automatically collect certain non-identifying information regarding users of the Websites, such as the IP address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet service provider, the date and time you access the Websites, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Websites, the operating system you are using, the sections of the Websites you visit, the pages of the Websites read and images viewed, and the materials you post, submit, transmit, upload or produce to or download from the Websites. This nonidentifying information is used for the operation of our web services, to maintain quality of the services, and to provide general statistics regarding use of our web services. Your non-identifying information may be permanently archived for future use.
Director of Operations
Toba Centre for Children & Youth Inc.
225 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2A6
Email: [email protected] by including “Privacy” in your subject line
Phone No.: 204.944.1405
11. Other Websites
The Websites may contain links to other websites or Internet resources. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another website or Internet resource that may collect information about you voluntarily or through cookies or other technologies. Toba Centre for Children & Youth has no responsibility or liability for or control over those other websites or Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.